We adhere to the strict government guidelines regarding removals whilst in the current pandemic and lockdown.
- Removers should contact the household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, works should be delayed.
- They should also encourage households to ensure all internal doors are open and surfaces and possessions have been cleaned with household cleaning products prior to them entering the property.
- No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- Removers should wash their hands on entering the property using separate towels or paper towels which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
- Removers should seek to minimise contact with homeowners and, where possible, remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
- Removers should implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together when moving bulky items and furniture.
- Removers should bring their own refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
- Removers should also make sure they have read the latest guidance on travelling safely.
We hope that this information is helpful, but if you would like more assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, please click here if you would like a removal quotation.